What is a Credit Union?
Credit unions are financial cooperatives and are NOT for profit. Credit unions help people with their financial needs. Service is the ultimate goal for credit unions. Credit union members have common bonds that bring them together. They are the owners of the credit union. Our Board of Directors are members who volunteer their time and talent to the credit union. They provide direction, plan and set policy for the credit union and are not paid for their efforts.
Why join a credit union?
Individuals join credit unions because they want access to free and low-cost financial services.
Membership Benefits - What's in it for you
Who can join Postal & Community
- Our goal is to help our members - NOT generate a profit. In fact, our income is directly returned to our members in the form of better rates, new products and services and lower services charges.
- Every dollar you invest in Postal & Community Credit Union (up to $250,000) is fully insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). Your insured funds stay safe at Postal & Community Credit Union.
- And, although membership eligibility is required...there are no membership dues.
- Once you're a member of Postal & Community Credit Union, you remain a member for life -- even if you move, change jobs or retire. Just maintain at least a $1.00 balance (one share) in your share savings account.
How to Join
- Any individual who lives or works in the Missouri counties of Buchanan or Andrew or the Kansas counties of Doniphan, Atchison or Leavenworth.
- Family members of current members can join
Joining is easy. As a member of Postal & Community Credit Union, you are only required to maintain a minimum balance of $1.00 in your share savings account at all times. This initial deposit establishes your membership/ownership in the credit union and provides you with access to all of our first-rate services.
To join, simply complete our membership application and return it to the credit union by mail or in person. Be sure to include your initial $1.00 deposit by either check or money order.
Give Yourself Credit, Join Postal & Community Credit Union!
When you join Postal & Community Credit union, you are not just a member - you're an owner, with complete access to many convenient services and benefits. At Postal & Community Credit Union we believe, Once a Member. Always a Member.